Today went smoothly, only 1.5 hours vs the 6 hour stint yesterday.
Mum is exhausted, but glad there are only 4 months left to go. This morning as she sat down in the room she started to cry. The lady who was sitting in the chair beside her asked her if she could hold off with the theatrics until her drip was over and she could leave. She said, "I can handle the drip but you crying and the drip is too much for me". Mum thought that was hilarious and stopped immediately.
At least the nurse today was competent, which is more than I can say for the gal yesterday. Yesterday was a complete gong show. The woman was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
I think it is safe to say that every one of us in the room, Dad, Gill, Yael and myself, would all prefer to be the ones taking in the chemicals if it meant mum didn't have to. I guess that is what true love is, when you would rather take the bullet. Unfortunately, this is not an option.
Hopefully mum gets some rest this afternoon. So glad that round two is over. She is on her anti-nausea treatment for the next two days and then we have a four week reprieve.
Thanks everyone for sending the love. Please write to her directly at: sandygreenfeld@hotmail.com. She will be checking email.
Much love,
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment